Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tupac Hologram Possibly Going on Tour

Thanks
    Thanked 2,190 Times in 1,409 Posts

Default Tupac Hologram Possibly Going on Tour

Tupac may be coming to a city near you. In a move that's unlikely to put rumors the late rapper is still alive to rest, Snoop Dogg and Dr. Dre are considering taking the hologram that performed at Coachella on tour,WSJ reports.

The two rap heavyweights were pleased with the hologram's performance Sunday, as the rebirth of one of the most beloved rappers of all time became the most buzzed about incident of the entire weekend.

The Wall Street Journal article also notes that the projection of Pac isn't a true hologram, as its a 2D image. Digital Domain, the company behind the performance, also did the Oscar-winning visuals in "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button." For the Coachella performance, they used a technique originated in 1862, in which an image is bounced off of the ground onto an invisible screen.

On Sunday, Tupac really appeared to be on the stage, rapping along to "2 Of Amerikaz Most Wanted" and "Hail Mary" and name checking Coachella while hyping up the audience. When Snoop Dogg appeared on stage beside the rapper, the Tupac image would turn to him and gesture in his direction.

Judging from the comments section on our post on the performance, many viewers were blown away by the realistic nature of Pac's mannerisms. One common criticism, however, was that the projection was about as tall as Snoop Dogg, when Tupac was much shorter than Snoop in real life.

Sources in the Journal article said that Dr. Dre had a "massive vision" for Pac's projection. Both an arena tour and a more intimate, club tour were being considered at the time of this writing.

The "hologram" already has its own Twitter account,so perhaps it can keep us updated on its tour dates there.

--------------------------------------------------

That shit cray.
    Trying to take anothers life, is you Based God mothaphucka?!?

Can't wait for R.A.'s album to drop!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hyperactive For This Useful Post:

zone (04-19-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJHyperactive View Post
    The "hologram" already has its own Twitter account,so perhaps it can keep us updated on its tour dates there.

--------------------------------------------------

That shit cray.
    damn rite lol haha whats its twiiter called ima follow lol

Thanks

I hope someone besides me thinks this is HELLA fucced up.....What.....those niggaz can't sell enough ticcets by themselves, so they need a fake 2~pac ta tour with um'??? A one time thang is cool & edgy and sh!t, but fucc.....now it's just gettin' stupid.
    to buy my album go to
    cdbaby.com/mrrida
    cdbaby.com/mrrida2

[Only Registered and Activated Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register...]

Thanks

I actually agree wit Rida

6. The Following User Says Thank You to yung dree For This Useful Post:

Twigg (04-23-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 730 Posts

I understand Mr. Rida point but the 2Pac hologram in Coachella was dope as fuck. I'm sure most of the 2Pac fans wanted to see an 2Pac hologram in live like that. Intro was awesome and a fucking original production & idea on that. And the idea of a "tour" it's even better, cause there's a lot of 2Pac fans all over the world who wanted to see that 2Pac hologram in live and due to the places they live they couldn't go and watch it. But not only 2Pac on concert, there's was good rappers to see & listen on there.
    Love what they made. I don't think 2Pac will come back... And the hologram thing is a good way to keep 2Pac legacy alive and a sick way to make the possibility to some of 2Pac fans that are younger to go and watch "him" on live.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to West-Villain For This Useful Post:

ChuckBo (04-19-2012)

Thanks

i agree with west.Fuck money ,as long as the fans are happy it's a good thing.Beside that the hologram is the next best thing after live performance but because he's dead for 16 years i think there's very little chance for that.And yeah u dont know how much work was put into making that but you have to find something to whine about.Oh NO people are making money HURR DURR thats SO unfair!Just enjoy the fucking show much hard work was put into it.I really dont know how can you say that that is disrespectful

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ChuckBo For This Useful Post:

West-Villain (04-19-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,089 Times in 730 Posts

you would expect something like this from them weird ass japanese people...

Quote Originally Posted by West-Villain View Post
    and the most important Swag: #IFuckABitchWithNOCondomAndNoBedSwag! >=/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,285 Posts

I knew this was gonna happen, I think I said it in another thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Afroman View Post
    Kendrick Lamar #1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj Up N Comin View Post
    eazy for life
    Quote Originally Posted by odeon View Post
    I like kendrick lamar a lot too!

Thanks

it's funny how i just imagine the Jerry Heller's hologram that odeon mentioned on tour LOL

Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,285 Posts

I was gonna go to Coachella today to see it, but didnt have gas :/ ODB needs a hologram tho
    Quote Originally Posted by Afroman View Post
    Kendrick Lamar #1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj Up N Comin View Post
    eazy for life
    Quote Originally Posted by odeon View Post
    I like kendrick lamar a lot too!