Thread: Comptown Records Inc is the parent company of Subsidiary Ruthless Records.

Studio Gangsta
    Thanks

Cool Comptown Records Inc is the parent company of Subsidiary Ruthless Records.

I don't know if everyone is aware, but Comptown Records Inc. is the parent company owned by Tomica Woods-Wright. Comptown Records owns Subsidiary Ruthless Records.

Here is some proof that Ruthless Records is a subsidiary of Comptown Records Inc.

[Only Registered and Activated Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register...]
    then click on dockets.

I'm gonna guess alot of you never knew that Ruthless Records took Layzie Bone to court.
    7/25/2001 Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles BC254763 Comptown Records v. Steven Howse Plaintiff
    7/31/2000 Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles BC234314 C&h Inc v. Comptown Records Defendant/Respondent 2/17/1998 Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles BC186183 Comptown Records Inc v. Interscope Records Inc Plaintiff/Petitioner
    7/25/1997 Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles BC175217 Tomica Wright v. Gerald E Heller Plaintiff/Petitioner
    6/6/1997 Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles BC172414 Gerald E Heller v. Comptown Records Inc Defendant/Respondent
    3/27/1995 Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles BC124555 Comptown Records, Inc., et al v. Ronald Sweeney, et al Plaintiff/Petitioner
    10/14/1994 Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles BC114459 Chris Taylor, et al v. Eric Wright, et al Defendant/Respondent
    9/30/1993 Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles BC090224 Priority Records, Inc v. Eric Wright, et al Defendant/Respondent
    1/27/1993 California Central District Court 2:93-cv-00478 Wright, et al v. Young, et al Plaintiff None California Central District Court 2:15-cv-09631 Gerald E. Heller v. NBCUniversal, Inc., et al Defendant

Studio Gangsta
    Thanks

Comptown Records INC. not subsidiary Ruthless records also owns the trademark to Straight Outta Compton.

This parent company registration and subsidiary ownership of Ruthless Records has allowed ruthless records to stay off the media and hip hop news radar for quite a while.

[Only Registered and Activated Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register...] (Comptown Ownership of Straight Outta Compton)
    [Only Registered and Activated Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register...] (Comptown Ownership of Ruthless)
    [Only Registered and Activated Users Can See Links. Click Here To Register...] (Comptown Ownership of NWA)

BG
    Thanks

I know for a fact, and from history which tends to repeat itself this: When a corporate entity's name goes bad, there's usually a swap in CEO'S (face of the company), along with a name change. Many of these wall street companies get caught up in fake stocks, insider trading, and more. They take a hit, and revamp the next day with new names on everything.
    Had Eazy-E been around, this would never have had to take place. He fired Jerry, and Tomica wouldn't be running the show.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,858 Times in 1,306 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chillinLA View Post
    10/14/1994 Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles BC114459 Chris Taylor, et al v. Eric Wright, et al Defendant/Respondent
    9/30/1993 Superior Court of California, County of Los Angeles BC090224 Priority Records, Inc v. Eric Wright, et al Defendant/Respondent
    1/27/1993 California Central District Court 2:93-cv-00478 Wright, et al v. Young, et al Plaintiff None California Central District Court 2:15-cv-09631 Gerald E. Heller v. NBCUniversal, Inc., et al Defendant
    wait, eazy himself took layzie bone to court?

Quote Originally Posted by ~MR. RIDA~ View Post
    My advice....Spell MUTHAFUCKERS like this.....MUTHAPHUKKAZ'

Formerly A Tolerant Bro Oso for president's Avatar
    Thanks

im sure that comptown records was used by eazy and em' to make some money laundering, remember the money eazy invested in ruthless was illegal, so i guess the'll use comptown records to invest money and then the little they made with it the'll use it on ruthless records or other bussisnes ventures, like the nwa hotline (lmao the 80's take this L). i can only remember comptown being mentioned on taerry b's album, but i guess that the label itself was involved in other acts like that funky flute guy, you know not so important/commercial acts that it doesnt really matter if they fail or succed theyll make a little money regardless, thats why i think eazy was giving record deals back and forth to everybody.

A Real Mother Fucken G
    Thanks

The labels still active in woodland hills,ca